94: “A Mac-like Mac app” with special guest Benedikt Terhechte
Listen using: Apple PodcastsOvercastCastroPocket CastsRSS
Benedikt Terhechte returns to the show to discuss the pros and cons of using technologies like Catalyst and SwiftUI to build Mac apps, and also to share tips and tricks on how to use AppKit for use cases that Apple’s more modern frameworks do not yet support.
- Stream: Build scalable in-app chat or activity feeds in record time using Stream’s open source, Swift-native SDK that’s backed by enterprise-grade server infrastructure. Get started for free at getstream.io/sundell.
- Clubhouse: A lightweight, yet powerful project management tool that’s built specifically for software teams. Try it for free for two months at clubhouse.io/sundell.
- Benedikt on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Hyperdeck on Twitter
- The previous episode with Benedikt
- The Contravariance podcast
- Mac Catalyst
- An example of embedding a GeometryReader as a background
- The isFlipped property
- The NSView animator API
- Triggering terminal commands from Swift
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk