106: “Opportunities for optimization” with special guest Christian Selig
Listen using: Apple PodcastsOvercastCastroPocket CastsRSS
Christian Selig returns to the show to talk about how he used the new Safari extension system on iOS to build Amplosion and Achoo, the pros and cons of open source, and how developers can utilize other iOS 15 and iPhone hardware features.
SponsorsQuickly checking out either of the following two sponsors is a great way to help support this podcast, if you wish to do so.
- Bitrise: Rock-solid continuous integration for your Swift project, which now offers 50% faster builds and ad-ons for things like automatic deployment. Go to bitrise.io/swift to get started for free.
- Instabug: Incredibly useful bug, crash, and performance monitoring for iOS apps. Go to instabug.com/sundell to start your free trial.
- Christian on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- The previous episode with Christian
- The new UIKit button system
- Modern UICollectionView APIs
- Safari Web Extensions on iOS
- Sharing UserDefaults values within an app group
- The new ExtraLarge widget size on iPadOS
- Quick Note
- Optimizing an app for ProMotion
- Christian’s website
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk