104: “The magic of Augmented Reality” with special guest Roxana Jula
Listen using: Apple PodcastsOvercastCastroPocket CastsRSS
Roxana Jula joins John to discuss Apple’s various tools, frameworks, and APIs for building Augmented Reality experiences. How to get started building AR-based apps, what’s the current state of AR on Apple’s platforms, and how might that change if Apple were to introduce dedicated AR hardware in the future?
- Stream: Build scalable in-app chat or activity feeds in record time using Stream’s open source, Swift-native SDK that’s backed by enterprise-grade server infrastructure. Get started for free at getstream.io/sundell, or browse their open job positions at getstream.io/team.
- Instabug: Incredibly useful bug, crash, and performance monitoring for iOS apps. Go to instabug.com/sundell to start your free trial.
- Roxana on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Roxana’s website
- Reality Converter and Reality Composer
- The USDZ file format
- Child view controllers
- Ray Wenderlich’s “ARKit by Tutorials” book
- Max Frazer’s RealityKit shader tutorial
- Ryan Kopinsky’s “Reality School” YouTube channel
- Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines for AR
- IKEA Place
- The “Create 3D models with Object Capture” WWDC session
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk