91: “Is SwiftUI ready for production?” with special guest David Smith
David Smith, creator of apps like Widgetsmith, returns to the show to discuss whether SwiftUI is currently capable and stable enough to build production-level apps, and what sort of things that can be good to keep in mind when starting to deploy SwiftUI in production.
- Instabug: Incredibly useful bug, crash, and performance monitoring for iOS apps. Go to instabug.com/sundell to start your free trial.
- Clubhouse: A lightweight, yet powerful project management tool that’s built specifically for software teams. Try it for free for two months at clubhouse.io/sundell.
- David on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Under the Radar
- The previous episode with David
- The new SwiftUI-based app lifecycle
- Using the SwiftUI preferences system to build layouts
- Syncing the width or height of two SwiftUI views
- SwiftUI and UIKit interoperability
- SwiftUI’s environment API
- Avoiding singletons in Swift
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk