91: “Is SwiftUI ready for production?” with special guest David Smith
Listen using: Apple PodcastsOvercastCastroPocket CastsRSS
David Smith, creator of apps like Widgetsmith, returns to the show to discuss whether SwiftUI is currently capable and stable enough to build production-level apps, and what sort of things that can be good to keep in mind when starting to deploy SwiftUI in production.
- Instabug: Incredibly useful bug, crash, and performance monitoring for iOS apps. Go to instabug.com/sundell to start your free trial.
- Clubhouse: A lightweight, yet powerful project management tool that’s built specifically for software teams. Try it for free for two months at clubhouse.io/sundell.
- David on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Under the Radar
- The previous episode with David
- The new SwiftUI-based app lifecycle
- Using the SwiftUI preferences system to build layouts
- Syncing the width or height of two SwiftUI views
- SwiftUI and UIKit interoperability
- SwiftUI’s environment API
- Avoiding singletons in Swift
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk