85: “Cross-Apple platform development” with special guest James Thomson
James Thomson, creator of PCalc, returns to the show to discuss how developers can bring their apps to multiple Apple platforms using technologies like Catalyst and SwiftUI, and how and when it can be a good idea to share code across platforms.
- Genius Scan: Add advanced document scanning features to your app using Genius Scan’s powerful SDK, which you can integrate with just a single line of code. Learn more at geniusscansdk.com, and feel free to mention that you heard about them on Swift by Sundell when requesting a demo or quote.
- NordVPN: Make your Internet connection private and secure, no matter which network that you’re on, and unlock your video streaming services. Get a massive 68% discount on their two-year plan at nordvpn.com/sundell.
- James on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Dice by PCalc
- Previous episode with James
- James’s blog post about Catalyst
- The new “Optimize Interface for Mac” Catalyst feature
- SwiftUI’s Picker control
- Importing a UIKit view into SwiftUI
- Core Animation
- Core Graphics
- Imagine Engine
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk