95: “Concurrency orchestration” with special guest Brent Simmons
Brent Simmons returns to the show to discuss multi-threading and concurrency, and how to make good use of tools like Grand Central Dispatch. Also, building NetNewsWire in the open, the current state of SwiftUI, and the type of responsibilities that senior developers typically have.
- NordVPN: Make your Internet connection private and secure, no matter which network that you’re on, and unlock your video streaming services. Get a massive discount on their two-year plan, and an extra free month, at nordvpn.com/sundell.
- Bitrise: Rock-solid continuous integration for your Swift project, which now also supports ad-ons for things like automatic deployment. Go to bitrise.io/swift to get started for free.
- Brent on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Brent’s blog: inessential.com
- The previous episode with Brent
- NetNewsWire on GitHub
- How NetNewsWire Handles Threading
- Basics: Grand Central Dispatch
- Using the more advanced features of Grand Central Dispatch
- Pure functions
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk