82: “Translating designs into code” with special guest Jordan Singer
Listen using: Apple PodcastsOvercastCastroPocket CastsRSS
Jordan Singer joins John to discuss various approaches of turning designs into fully implemented UIs, how to manage things like mock data during the development process, and when to turn a given view into a reusable component. Also, the story behind the Airport app and Jordan’s recent SwiftUI experiments.
- Instabug: Bug, crash, and performance monitoring for iOS apps. Go to instabug.com/sundell to learn more about Instabug’s new App Performance Monitoring feature, and to start your free trial.
- RevenueCat: In-app subscriptions made easy. RevenueCat handles the pain points of implementing subscriptions and in-app purchases, so that you can get back to building your app. Learn more at revenuecat.com.
- Jordan on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Jordan’s website: ibuildmyideas.com
- Cash App
- lil software
- SwiftUI implementation of “About this Mac”
- SwiftUiPod Classic
- Rdio remake
- Apple’s Fruta example app
- Using SwiftUI’s App protocol
- An entire SwiftUI app within a tweet
- Swift’s warning directive
- Episode with Meng To
- SwiftUI’s ButtonStyle protocol
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk