80: “Lists and loops” with special guest Nick Lockwood
Nick Lockwood returns to the show to go on a deep dive into data structures and algorithms, what some of the pros and cons of writing high-performance code in Swift are, and how all of that relates to parallelization and performance.
Reveal: Inspect, debug, and modify your app’s UI in real time. Reveal takes UI debugging to a whole new level, and lets you instantly make all sorts of tweaks while your app is running. Get started for free at revealapp.com/sundell.
- Nick on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Handmade Hero
- The Collection protocol
- Imagine Engine’s Timeline API
- Grand Central Dispatch
- Combining value and reference types
- Creating custom collections
- Time complexity
- Tail call
- RetroRampage multithreaded rendering
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk