79: “All about UICollectionView” with special guest Ben Scheirman
Listen using: Apple PodcastsOvercastCastroPocket CastsRSS
Ben Scheirman, creator of NSScreencast, joins John on an episode all about UICollectionView. How have UICollectionView’s features evolved over time, and how are modern APIs like compositional layouts and diffable data sources changing the way collection views are built and used?
- Instabug: Join thousands of companies, including Lyft and eBay, who use Instabug to enhance their app quality and iterate faster. Go to instabug.com/sundell to try it for free for 3 months.
- RevenueCat: In-app subscriptions made easy. RevenueCat handles the pain points of implementing subscriptions and in-app purchases, so that you can get back to building your app. Learn more at revenuecat.com.
- Ben on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Get a 20% discount on NSScreencast
- Ben’s new video series “Working with modern collection views”
- The NSScreencast iOS app
- UICollectionView’s batch update API
- CSS FlexBox
- Using UICollectionView to build lists on iOS 14
- The new CellRegistration API
- Tonal Therapy
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk