71: “Polymorphic interfaces” with special guest Dave Abrahams
Listen using: Apple PodcastsOvercastCastroPocket CastsRSS
Dave Abrahams joins John to talk about Protocol-Oriented Programming and how to make the most out of the Swift Standard Library. Also, discussions on Swift’s overall design, why it puts such a strong emphasis on value types and protocols, and how it’s been influenced by other languages.
NordVPN: Make your Internet connection private and secure, no matter which network that you’re on. Get 50% off their one-year plan at nordvpn.com/sundell, or when using offer code SUNDELL.
Interested in advertising on Swift by Sundell? Check out this page, or get in touch for more information.
- Dave on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Protocol-Oriented Programming in Swift
- Embracing Algorithms
- Alexander Stepanov
- The C++ Standard Template Library
- Enums with custom raw types
- Previous Swift for TensorFlow episode with Paige Bailey and Brennan Saeta
- Sean Parent
- Haskell Type Classes
- Specializing protocols
- Type erasure using closures
- “The Genuine Sieve of Eratosthenes” by Melissa E. O’Neill
- Swift for TensorFlow open design meetings
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk