69: “Swift Playgrounds” with special guests Holly Borla and Grace Kendall
Listen using: Apple PodcastsOvercastCastroPocket CastsRSS
Holly Borla and Grace Kendall, both software engineers at Apple, join John to go on a deep dive into the Swift Playgrounds app and Swift 5.2’s new diagnostics engine. Also, how Swift Playgrounds was ported to the Mac using Catalyst, and Swift’s role in education and as a language for beginners.
NordVPN: Secure all of the internet traffic of up to six devices at once, no matter which network that you’re on. Get up to 70% off your plan at nordvpn.com/sundell when using offer code SUNDELL.
Interested in advertising on Swift by Sundell? Check out this page, or get in touch for more information.
- Holly on Twitter
- Grace on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Grace and Holly’s WWDC talk from 2018
- Swift Playgrounds
- Assigning a playground’s liveView
- Making a playground execute indefinitely
- An overview of the new diagnostics engine on the Swift blog
- Abstract Syntax Tree
- Opaque return types
- Google Summer of Code on the Swift Forums
- The Swift compiler’s source code
- Swift’s bug tracker
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk