55: “A whole new world” with special guest Marin Todorov
Marin Todorov joins John to talk about bridging the gap between UIKit, Combine and SwiftUI, how to design intuitive and robust APIs, and how the developer community can augment Apple’s SDKs through open source.
- Apply Pixels: A fantastic collection of design resources, toolkits and templates for both designers and developers. Get a 30% discount on any purchase by visiting applypixels.com/sundell.
- Clubhouse: A lightweight, yet powerful project management tool built specifically for software development teams. Try Clubhouse for free for two months by going to clubhouse.io/sundell.
- Manning: Learn something new with a book or video course from Manning. Get a 40% discount on a great selection of content about Swift, iOS development, and beyond — by visiting deals.manning.com/sundell.
- Marin on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Marin’s website
- Combine: Asynchronous Programming with Swift
- Automatic Reference Counting (ARC)
- The new standard library diffing API
- Advances in UI Data Sources — WWDC 2019
- Swift KeyPaths
- Shai Mishali’s Combine publisher library
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk