34: “Pure functions” with special guests Brandon Williams and Stephen Celis
Brandon Williams and Stephen Celis, formerly iOS developers at Kickstarter and now hosts of Point-Free, join John to talk about functional programming in Swift, and how it can be used to build apps, websites, and even control the world.
This episode of Swift by Sundell was made possible thanks to two wonderful sponsors. Make sure to check them out, which also helps support the show.
- Amazon Web Services' AppSync lets you easily add GraphQL-powered cloud syncing to your app, and using their Amplify command line tool, you can take working with GraphQL in Swift to a whole new level.
- Instabug is a super comprehensive bug and crash reporting SDK that takes just a few minutes to integrate. Get started for free and get a limited edition t-shirt before the 30th of October.
- Brandon on Twitter
- Stephen on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- The Functional Swift Conference
- Protocols with Associated Types - Alexis Gallagher
- UIKit Styling with Functions
- Server-Side Swift from Scratch
- Episode with Tanner Nelson of Vapor
- Stephen's NSSpain talk
- John's system design talk
- Functional core, imperative shell
- Stephen's website
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk