114: “Accessibility on Apple’s platforms” with special guest Sommer Panage
Sommer Panage returns to the show to discuss Apple’s various accessibility APIs and tools, how to incorporate accessibility support into a team’s overall development workflow, and what it was like being an engineering manager at Apple.
- Emerge Tools: Optimize your app’s startup time, binary size, and overall performance using Emerge’s advanced app optimization and monitoring tools. Get started at emergetools.com.
- Bitrise: Rock-solid continuous integration for your Swift project, which now offers 50% faster builds and ad-ons for things like automatic deployment. Go to bitrise.io/swift to get started for free.
- Voice Control
- Dynamic Type
- PSPDFKit’s blog post about Dynamic Type
- Defining accessibility labels
- Accessibility traits
- WWDC session about custom accessibility actions
- WWDC session about using AXCustomContent
- SwiftUI’s accessibilityElement modifier
- Audio graphs
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk