113: “Where is Swift headed in 2022?” with special guest JP Simard
Listen using: Apple PodcastsOvercastCastroPocket CastsRSS
On this 2022 season premiere, JP Simard returns to the show to discuss what’s next for Swift in 2022, and what kinds of improvements and new features that might be coming to the language during the year.
- Judo: Quickly build native, server-driven UI for iOS and Android, and publish instantly, without having to submit updates to the App Store. Try it for free today, by going to judo.app/sundell.
- Bitrise: Rock-solid continuous integration for your Swift project, which now offers 50% faster builds and ad-ons for things like automatic deployment. Go to bitrise.io/swift to get started for free.
- JP on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- ZenTuner on the App Store
- The source code for ZenTuner on GitHub
- Property wrappers
- Result builders
- Opaque return types
- Advent of Code
- Swift Numerics
- Swift Argument Parser
- Swift Concurrency
- The MainActor attribute
- Ted Kremenek’s “On the road to Swift 6” post
- The open source version of Foundation
- Swift System
- Distributed actors
- Opaque parameter declarations
- Swift’s new date/time API
- Swift Markdown
- Why can’t certain protocols be referenced directly?
- Type placeholders
- Adding SwiftUI’s ViewBuilder attribute to functions
- JP on GitHub
- JP’s website
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk