108: “Concurrency and Swift-DocC” with special guest Marin Todorov
Marin Todorov returns to the podcast to discuss Swift’s new concurrency system and its newly announced backward compatibility, his new book about that topic, and his work on Apple’s open source documentation tool, Swift-DocC.
- Instabug: Incredibly useful bug, crash, and performance monitoring for iOS apps. Go to instabug.com/sundell to start your free trial.
- Bitrise: Rock-solid continuous integration for your Swift project, which now offers 50% faster builds and ad-ons for things like automatic deployment. Go to bitrise.io/swift to get started for free.
- Marin on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Marin’s new book about Swift concurrency
- Marin’s blog with articles about Swift concurrency
- Swift’s concurrency system’s new backward compatibility
- Making SwiftUI views refreshable using async/await
- Using the MainActor attribute
- The Actor protocol
- Marin’s “Actor vs queue vs lock” article
- Making async system APIs backward compatible
- The Swift-DocC contribution guide
- Marin’s podcast conversation with Tim Mitra
- Marin’s website: underplot.com
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk